Hello world, hello 2019 (has it really already been 22 days?), and hello short week! I usually stay away from New Years resolution because (pardon my French) I think they’re bullshit. I literally can never stick to them – like oh you want to eat healthy this year??? OK, how about McDonald’s on New Years Day?
This year I want to look at resolutions from a different perspective and put less pressure on starting January 1st and having to stick to it for the year. I want to put my best foot forward (my right foot to be exact because that’s my good side) and accomplish the most I can to better myself everyday.
Here’s a list of 19 things I want to accomplish in 2019 and hopefully every year from now on – for the most part – because I don’t know if I’ll be wishing to save for Coachella when I’m 40. I hope this list motivates you to be your best self in 2019 and I nominate you to comment what you want to accomplish this year!
- Wake Up Early
- Drink more water
- Post Consistently
- Create unique content
- Don’t touch my eyebrows (got this one from Bre Sheppard – eyebrow queen)
- Visit Seattle (all around travel more)
- Get my first collaboration
- Gym Gym Gym
- Learn how to keep my plants alive (just picked up How Not to Kill your Houseplant by Veronica Peerless.. so far so not good)
- Save for Coachella
- Save for life
- Send out postcards
- Learn Spanish (duo lingo app is easy and fun for learning a new language)
- Eat clean (less chick-fil-a more home-made-fil-a)
- Read more books
- Be positive (my boyfriend and I created a system where overtime we say something negative about ourselves we add 25 cents to our designated jars.. maybe I’ll save up for Coachella faster than I thought !!)
- Create a 5 minute daily mindfulness practice (journaling, meditation, etc)
- Be present (stop stressing about the future and what will come, if I work hard now everything will be as it should in the future)
- Be consistent in my goals (don’t give up when thing’s aren’t going as planned or when things get tough)
I’m excited to see what 2019 has in store! Don’t forget to comment on this post and tell me what you want to accomplish and if we share any of the same goals for this year. As always – don’t forget to follow my blog by adding your email on the right hand side of this page! You’ll help me get one step closer towards my goals and also receive direct posts sent to your inbox when I post every Monday and Friday!